Re: knfsd support for CROSSMNT

Jeremy Katz (katzj@linuxpower.org)
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 07:42:16 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 23 Sep 1999, Neil Brown wrote:
> The knfsd sources mention an export option called "CROSSMNT" which is
> unimplemented.
> My best guess as to what this means is that it is allowed to cross
> mount points. In any case, I have taken it to mean that, and
> implemented it with the following patch.

This is one thing which is really useful IMO. I used it frequently with
the user-space NFS and have missed it greatly since going with knfsd.

[snip]
> My first question is: should we leave the flag called "crossmnt" or
> should we change to the name that SGI/IRIX uses and call it "nohide"?

I'd say to follow the Irix option. One less thing for admins who have to
deal with both to remember a difference between.

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Katz
http://linuxpower.org