Re: Linux 2.2.13pre11 aka "Release Candidate #1"

Jeff Epler (jepler@inetnebr.com)
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 20:16:50 -0500

On Wed, Sep 22, 1999 at 11:10:20PM +0000, Oliver Teuber wrote:
> 2.2.13pre11 breaks java on my system ...
>
> olibox:~ # java -version
> java_ns version "1.1.7B"
> olibox:~ # javac
> Cannot open /proc/01129 for GC
>
> seems to be a problem with the leading zeros ...

Yes, this was mentioned to be a deliberate change. Unfortunately, broken
stuff like that risk forcing the old behavior to be returned.

The answer instead is to use a sprintf("%d") instead of (apparently) %05d
in the java bytecode interpreter's garbage collection routines.

Jeff
PS the file 01129 never existed, have you seen it in "ls"?

--
\/ http://incolor.inetnebr.com/jepler/           Jeff Epler jepler@inetnebr.com
Those who have some means think that the most important thing in the