Re: nfsd Security: /// bad export. error

G. Allen Morris III (gam3@ixlabs.com)
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 03:21:23 -0700

>>>Philippe Troin said:
> "G. Allen Morris III" <gam3@ixlabs.com> writes:
>
> I'm not sure I understand what you mean here...
> The walk up happens in fh_verify by following dentry->d_parent.
> But the export ex_dentry pointer never gets updated AFAIK.
>
> How can two dentries referencing the same point in the fs can co-exist
> in the same kernel ?

Take path `/a/b' for example. The original detry branch looks like

'/' -> 'a' -> 'b' where the ino's are: 2, 3, and 4 respectively.

When nfsd then tries to rebuild the dentry it creates:

'/' -> '..' -> '..' where the ino's are 4, 3, and 2 respectively.

They are different paths. (This isn't quite what happens, but it
is the basic idea.)