Re: Samba can't keep NT shares mounted

Rogier Wolff (R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl)
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 09:38:43 +0200 (MEST)

Matthew Vanecek wrote:
> Also, re debugging information, do you think capturing an strace of
> smbmount from start to death would be of any use? I'll give it a shot
> and see what happens.

Yes, that's probably going to be reasonably useful. Some programs may
do lots of internal computations and crash somewhere in the middle,
leaving an strace useless as to where the crash happened. A program
like smbmount interacts with its environment through system calls, and
you'll be able to almost deduce the line number where it died from the
strace.

Roger.

------ Microsoft SELLS you Windows, Linux GIVES you the whole house ------