Re: PCI modem [patch]

Pietro Massini (pmassini@cadnet.marche.it)
Sun, 19 Sep 1999 11:55:52 +0200

I'm not too expert to be 100% sure of what I'm saying, but:

I don't think it's a Winmodem,

it probably works by shared memory which is not supported by Linux (see
Modem-HOWTO, 6.5.3PCI Modems)
because I see "xE7000000 - xE70000FF Motorola SM56 PCI Speakerphone Modem"
with Microsoft System Information, Memory, on Win'98

do you know if this shared memory thing is supported by 2.3.18 or, if not,
will ever be taken in consideration by the Linux community?