Re: Linux Socket Filter help/example code?

Steve Dodd (dirk@loth.demon.co.uk)
Sun, 19 Sep 1999 10:38:58 +0100

On Sun, Sep 19, 1999 at 08:30:59AM -0000, Eric Smith wrote:

> Does anyone have any examples of how to use the Linux Socket Filter? Yes,
> I have read the documentation, and it doesn't really address my questions.

If you want to use it from user-space, the best thing would probably be to
modify the application to use libpcap. I think Alexey Kuznetsov has patches
to libpcap to make it do in-kernel filtering on Linux.

--
Don't get mad. Get covered in blood as you disembowel your enemies
with a chainsaw.