Re: kernel-hacking-HOWTO: An lk primer seeks feedback

Steve Dodd (dirk@loth.demon.co.uk)
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 23:54:16 +0100

On Sun, Sep 19, 1999 at 10:53:51PM +0930, Paul Rusty Russell wrote:

> `This document describes the common routines, locking systems
> and general requirements for kernel code: its goal is to serve as a
> primer for Linux kernel development.'

Wow. I wish this had been around 9 months ago.. There were a couple of minor
things that I wasn't sure about -- but that's more likely to be because /I've/
got the wrong end of the stick. I'll check the kernel source and get back to
you if it turns out I'm right..

Linking to it from the lkml FAQ and the front page of kernelnotes.org is
probably a good idea.

--
Our problems are mostly behind us.  What we have to do now is
fight the solutions.