Re: kflushd rewrite...

Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@suse.de)
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 18:06:38 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 13 Sep 1999, Daniel J Blueman wrote:

>Having looked at the source for kflushd, I did a complete re-write offering
>significantly less overhead. I am preparing a patch against 2.3.18.

IMHO in 2.3.18* the buffer flushing code is bad. IMHO there's no way to
take it as it is for 2.4.x if we want decent cache performances (with
decent I mean at least as 2.2.x). I am rewriting the algorithms from
scratch as I just have invented my own heuristic and so now I really want
to implement them as I want my system running as I want for me. So expect
a re-write also from me.

Andrea