Re: IDE-CDROM not found (by autoprobe)

Jens Axboe (axboe@image.dk)
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 11:22:39 +0200

On Fri, Sep 17 1999, Matti Aarnio wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the entire IDE subsystem in modular mode (I boot from SCSI).
> However, I do have CDROM driver attached to IDE, and that driver does
> not want to be found when kernel 2.3.18ac5 is used.
>
> Somehow I have a feeling that changes done around mid august did ruin
> things for people who don't have any single IDE disks, while still
> have other IDE interfaced peripherals, like CDROM driver.

I haven't looked at the changes in the drive probing, but I can
add that it works fine for me. I have a couple of SCSI drives and
4 IDE CD-ROM's hooked up, so that does not appear to be the problem.
Perhaps Andre can shed some light on this.

--
*  Jens Axboe <axboe@image.dk>
*  Linux CD-ROM Maintainer