Re: Ext3 filesystem info?

David Weinehall (tao@acc.umu.se)
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 21:31:20 +0200 (MET_DST)

On Thu, 16 Sep 1999, Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:

> From: "Alex" <alex@numerix.com>
> Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 13:35:44 -0400
>
> Any news on ext3 filesystem?? Where can I get info?
>
> There is a 0.01 release which came out 1-2 weeks ago. It was against
> 2.2.2, and has bugs which have since been fixed. I imagine that Stephen
> will be releasing a new version fairly shortly.

Where can I find that alpha, and where do you put upcoming alphas/betas?

> So the good news is that most of the code has been written but we still
> need to do some bugfixing (and bug finding) before it will be completely
> production ready.

Well, I don't care if it's production-quality or not, I just want to
try... I have an empty 80MB SCSI-drive to test on, so no real damage can
be done...

/David
_ _
// David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /> Northern lights wander \\
// Project MCA Linux hacker // Dance across the winter sky //
\> http://www.acc.umu.se/~tao/ </ Full colour fire </