Re: Frame Buffer + TNT2

Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@pobox.com)
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 15:21:06 -0400

Other interested coders cc'd; where's that riva list? :)

Eric Dumas wrote:
> I've seen some weeks ago a message about a beta version of the
> TNT2 chipset frame buffer.

Not a beta, a work in progress. I started it and help guide the
development, but ani joshi has been doing most of the recent coding.

Currently his snapshot works for 640x480x32 mode, including working in X
(XF86_FBDev). With modedb support and a bit more testing, a beta
release can go out the door.

My current rivafb snapshot:
http://havoc.gtf.org/garzik/kernel/files/UNTESTED/rivafb-cvs.tar.gz
ani joshi's diff, against that:
http://havoc.gtf.org/garzik/kernel/files/UNTESTED/rivafb.c.diff.gz

Help from coders and testers is always welcome :)

Regards,

Jeff

--
Custom driver development	|    Never worry about theory as long
Open source programming		|    as the machinery does what it's