Re: FW from linux-kernel: 2.2.12-pre7 compile failure: sbus audio / ISDN

Karsten Keil (kkeil@suse.de)
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 21:20:15 +0200

On Wed, Sep 15, 1999 at 06:23:32PM +0200, Paul Slootman wrote:
> Found this on linux-kernel, maybe someone (Karsten?) can say something
> about this?

Yes.

> From: David Woodhouse <David.Woodhouse@mvhi.com>
> Subject: 2.2.12-pre7 compile failure: sbus audio / ISDN
> Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 17:09:54 +0100
>
> The AMD7390 and DBRI audio drivers in 2.2.13-pre7 don't compile, because they
> attempt to use header files from the isdn code which no longer exist:
>
> sparc /usr/src/linux/drivers/sbus/audio # gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strict-aliasing -m32 -pipe -mno-fpu -fcall-used-g5 -fcall-used-g7 -DMODULE -DEXPORT_SYMTAB -c amd7930.c
> amd7930.c:108: ../../isdn/hisax/foreign.h: No such file or directory
>
> By commenting out the ISDN support from the offending file, I can get it to
> compile and work for audio. I have no idea about the ISDN support, though.
>
> The ISDN code now appears to contain its own support for the AMD7390, but it
> gives no indication whether it will coexist nicely with the audio driver or
> not.

The problem was that foreign.h wasn't in HiSax on the time we make the
kernel update in 2.2.11, so my patch removed it because here wasn't any
reference in actual isdn code for it.
I think foreign.h was included with some update from sparc people (Brent
Baccala) before 2.2.11.

If it 'll needed by isdn and sound in future, it should go to include/...
I think.

Karsten Keil