Re: parport_pc can't detect ECP on Compaq Armada 7400

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 07:29:37 +0100 (GMT)

On Wed, 15 Sep 1999, Timo Ketola wrote:

> the parport_pc_read_econtrol returns 0xFF. Doesn't that mean that the
> extension registers doesn't show up at all?

Yes.

> I wonder if there is some configuration registers in the chip set
> where the ECP functionality should be enabled first (I have checked
> the setup - there is nothing more than disable the ECP port control).

Very likely.

> I have tried to get some info about the hardware but no luck.

How about looking at the actual chip on the motherboard? Given the make
and model, it should be fairly easy to write a small utility to adjust the
settings (provided we can get the datasheet). In fact, I've seen one --
if you're very lucky it will match your chip. (Check out the linux-parport
archives for that; I think it was a couple of months ago now.)

Tim.
*/