RE: Linux-2.2.9

nathan.zook@amd.com
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 09:54:24 -0500

Two things:

1) The documentation specifically warns against blindly setting the mem
variable. If the bios is copied into main memory, or if main memory is
otherwise "adjusted" before the OS see it, this will be a problem.

2) I had to turn off the "memory hole" option on my MB in order to get past
16M. 64M is the limit for cache on many older motherboards. On some newer
ones, a BIOS option must be switched to get past 64M. I would think that
the memory would still be detected, though.

Nathan