RE: Disk Corruption with ide hpt-366 controller & software raid5

mingo@chiara.csoma.elte.hu
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 11:30:50 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 13 Sep 1999, Tom Livingston wrote:

> It doesn't work correctly with RAID0 either. [...]

> > dd if=/dev/md0 count=500000 2> /dev/null | md5sum
> > done
> e4e661d1bbfa23ddbf3e326b18a3312e -
> 143f82fcc0634affdf3d05966e785eed -
> b31f38842f4b17c2e29a013447eeb582 -

just a suggestion - if it's a faulty cable or a single faulty disk, then
you can find the problematic disk (or group of disks) by using less than 9
disks in the RAID0 array. I'd first split it into a 4 and 5-disk group.
This presumes the test doesnt take too long.

-- mingo