RE: version mismatch in modules--Permanent solution?

nathan.zook@amd.com
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 12:39:23 -0500

??? I'm talking about the name/directory collision you get when you have
multiple builds of the same version of the kernel. This happens, for
instance, whenever a newbie installs Linux & then tries to recompile the
kernel. What I think I am suggesting is adding an extension (to
EXTRAVERSION?) for each build to guarantee that collisions are avoided.

Nathan