Re: config-menus

Steve Dodd (dirk@loth.demon.co.uk)
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 23:17:36 +0100

On Wed, Sep 08, 1999 at 01:20:41AM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:

> What is the difference between experimental/dangerous, except the latter
> scares people.

Experimental may just not work as advertised, or indeed at all, or perhaps
oops harmlessly. Dangerous eats things for breakfast, mainly filesystems,
I guess.

So, the PPP packet filtering stuff I'm currently putting off finishing
would be "experimental", whereas the NTFS write support is "dangerous"
because I /know/ it *can* eat filesystems, before breakfast, without spoiling
its appetite..

--
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.