Re: 2.2.12: serial driver swapping characters?

The Doctor What (docwhat@gerf.org)
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 17:29:39 -0500

On Thu, Sep 09, 1999 at 08:20:48AM +0200, Ulrich Windl wrote:
> Let me throw in that the problem did not occur on a faster machine,
> so there might be some race conditions. Slow hardware can't explain
> swapped chracters or duplicated ones IMHO.
>
> Anyone with a real slow machine out there?

I can say it the palm problem *does* happen on a PII 333 with 128+meg of
RAM, and an AMD 400MHz with 128megs of RAM. What can I do to see if bits
are flipped?

I think I have a terminal emulator for my palm, which I
suppose I can send some character(s) repeatedly, and see if any change.

Ciao!

--
Any member introducing a dog into the Society's premises shall be liable to a fine of one pound.  Any animal leading a blind person shall be deemed to be a cat.
	-- Rule 46, Oxford Union Society, London

The Doctor What: Need I say more?                http://docwhat.gerf.org/
docwhat@gerf.org                    (finger docwhat@gerf.org for PGP key)
KF6VNC