Re: PLEXTOR PX-40TSi does not play audio-cds

Jens Axboe (axboe@image.dk)
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 00:38:28 +0200

On Sat, Aug 28 1999, Raphael Bossek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i've here a PLEXTOR SCSI CD-ROM drive that does not play audio-cd under
> linux 2.2.12 (and does not play them before 2.2.12 too).
>
> --- Linux 2.2.12 bootinformation ---
>
> ioctl(3, CDROMPLAYTRKIND, 0xbffff3f8) = -1 EINVAL (Invalid argument)
> write(2, "cdplay: ioctl cdromplaytrkind\n", 30cdplay: ioctl cdromplaytrkind

Sorry for the late reply. Could you try another player (hint:
look for one that doesn't use CDROMPLAYTRKIND)? I could see
this happening if a) the drive doesn't support the play track
index command and b) it doesn't set the correct sense.

Try cdp, for example.

--
*  Jens Axboe <axboe@image.dk>
*  Linux CD-ROM Maintainer