Re: 2.2.12 Problem loading modules when compiled for SMP

Sean Hunter (sean@uncarved.co.uk)
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 09:21:48 +0100

Try coping your .config somewhere safe, then doing "make mrproper",
copying your .config back, doing "make oldconfig", then "make dep",
and make your kernel and modules as normal. This has worked for me
when changing between SMP and UP kernels.

Sean