Re: POrting LInux???

Mitchell Blank Jr (mitch@sfgoth.com)
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 19:19:55 -0700

Mr. James W. Laferriere wrote:
> Hello Mathias, Mitchell Blank Jr <mitch@execpc.com>

Actually, I'm no longer at that email address :-)

> On Wed, 8 Sep 1999, Mathias Wiklander wrote:
> > Hi I have promised a friend I could help hine
> > porting Linux to an Motorola 68331 and I asking

The Motorola 68331 doesn't have an MMU I'm afraid, so you can't run
"full" linux on it. uClinux (the port of linux to mmu-less machines)
already has support for the 68331 according to:
http://www.uclinux.org/ports/
but unfortunately the links on the left side of the page seem
busted at the momemnt :-(

Anyway, I'd suggest that you look at uClinux. They also have their own
mailing list.

-Mitch