Re: Re: config-menus

Andre Hedrick (andre@suse.com)
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 15:19:47 -0700 (PDT)

I put that there..........

DANGEROUS means that what is known about the registers is EXPERIMENTAL
grade; however, if one tampers with this area without knowing something
about it.....You can "goat screw yourself".

Specifically, I have basic knowledge of the RAID/STRIPING powers of the
Promise FastTrak series. This was learned on imperical tests and crashes.
Unless you have several drives of the same kind to wreck, and run a mirror
backup copy. It is not suggested.

It is IMO that "DANGEROUS" is much nicer than "SCREW YOURSELF CAREFULLY".

Also that only appears in the "DEVELOPMENT KERNEL" or a patch of my that
is back-coded from there; therefore, "DANGEROUS" is acceptable in that
context. Do you see something like this in the "STABLE KERNEL", no.

Andre Hedrick
The Linux IDE guy