Re: 2.2.12 Problem loading modules when compiled for SMP

Keith Owens (kaos@ocs.com.au)
Wed, 08 Sep 1999 14:07:37 -0700

On Wed, 8 Sep 1999 15:41:12 -0500,
"Nicholas Waltham" <nick@wwf.org.co> wrote:
> I have just fitted a second processor to our machine (replacing one that
>got damaged a while ago). I am now trying to run Linux in SMP mode. I can
>compile
>and boot the kernel with the SMP option turned on in menuconfig. However
>when I try
>and load any modules there are a number of unresolve symbols.
>
>This include
>
>__global_cli
>tqueue_lock
>__global_save_flags

That indicates that your running kernel is not compiled for SMP.
Double check that you installed and booted the correct kernel. nm
linux/arch/i386/kernel/i386_ksyms.o and nm linux/vmlinux must show
__global_cli. Did you forget to run lilo?