Re: config-menus

Simon Richter (geier@phobos.fachschaften.tu-muenchen.de)
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 11:25:26 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 8 Sep 1999, Alan Cox wrote:

> > o A "Prompt for drivers/code flagged DANGEROUS" option in the
> > code-maturity section that is conditional depending on EXPERIMENTAL

> What is the difference between experimental/dangerous, except the latter
> scares people.

There is really much "experimental" code and most of it works fine, so
people use it, even on production machines (I do for myself). "Dangerous"
code would be code that is known to crash occasionally and leave a mess
behind (e.g. f*cked up fs). That's my view of what is the difference.

Simon

PGP public key available from ftp://phobos.fs.tum.de/pub/pgp/geier.asc
Fingerprint: 10 62 F6 F5 C0 5D 9E D8 47 05 1B 8A 22 E5 4E C1