Re: 2.3.15 hangs - ISDN related?

Paul Flinders (paul@dawa.demon.co.uk)
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 22:10:26 +0100 (BST)

Karsten Keil writes:
> On Tue, Aug 31, 1999 at 12:06:39AM +0100, Paul Flinders wrote:
> >

> > I applied your patch but it still hangs. Actually it got "worse"
> > because it doesn't boot now whereas it waited until I tried to bring
> > up a connection before.
> >
> > There's no OOPS, just a hang.
> >
> > I'm not (intentionally) using the ttyI<nn> interface
> I looked at your config and see that you include isdn direct in kernel and

I had another look at my config as well after finding that the problem
seems to have gone away with a rebuild

I hadn't configured any D chanel protocols (looking back I can see
"HiSax: protocol euro not supported" messages in my logs but I must
have been smoking something because I missed them even though they
were staring me in the face.

Even though I think it was probably my fault I'm a bit dubious that a
missed configuration option should hang the kernel so easily. Perhaps
the isdn code could be made to refuse to compile if the choices aren't
"sensible"