Re: /proc/cpuinfo verbiage differ unnecessarily between ports...

Michael K. Johnson (johnsonm@redhat.com)
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 15:53:11 -0400

Ronald Cole writes:
>I can't think of any good argument for keeping "processor" for the
>i386 and "cpu" for the sparc64. Someone should probably fix all the
>different ports so that the verbiage is consistent...

It is, fortunately, the same in /proc/stat, which is where we look. :-)

>But, there's probably a better, more portable, way to calculate the
>number of processors for ps.

That would be /proc/stat.

michaelkjohnson

prudent as the heavy petting of literature." -- Fran Lebowitz
Linux Application Development http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/