Re: 2.2.12 failed compile on RH6

Thomas Molina (tmolina@home.com)
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 16:10:10 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 30 Aug 1999, Alex Buell wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Aug 1999, Brian Hall wrote:
>
> > One two different PCs with RedHat 6 installed, the 2.2.12 kernel
> > compile fails in the same place (one overclocked Celeron 300 to 450,
> > the other a P2-400):
>
> *Bzzt* Try setting the memory size option. It's within the Processor
> Type and Features menu (if you're using make menuconfig).

I was given a tip once to take care of things like this. After
patching, run make oldconfig which will ask about any new items not in
the old .config file. Actually what I do is copy the .config file to
/usr/src, then make mrproper, then copy the .config back in, then run
make oldconfig. That may not be the reccommended way, but it works for
me!