Re: to get network stats

Matti Aarnio (matti.aarnio@sonera.fi)
Sun, 29 Aug 1999 00:33:49 +0300

On Sat, Aug 28, 1999 at 04:22:10PM -0500, Felipe Eduardo Gonzalez wrote:
> Is there any software to get stats from networks, I mean traffic
> between servers, routers, and the percent of utility of a dedicated
> line, for example 78 % of the line

Yes, although not *quite* what you were expecting when writing
to this forum...

You need RMON or SNMP support at the network devices, and then
monitoring software doing polling of the devices at regular
intervals, and then counting deltas in between successive polls.
One of much used free SNMP based monitoring/plotting tool is MRTG.