Re: Celeron doesn't reach proper BogoMIPS

Rogier Wolff (R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl)
Sat, 28 Aug 1999 10:16:34 +0200 (MEST)

B.W. McAdams wrote:

> Aren't laptops notorious for significant performance decreasements
> when on battery power? Could that be the explanation?

I'd say that you might be right, but I see ...

> model name : Celeron (Mendocino)
> cpu MHz : 398.711756
> bogomips : 97.89

.... that somehow the correct number of MHz has been detected. The
number makes me suspect that it really is a measurement and not a
value from an eeprom or something like that.

Roger.

------ Microsoft SELLS you Windows, Linux GIVES you the whole house ------