Re: scsi-idle (fwd)

paulr (reichp@ameritech.net)
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 21:44:55 -0500

I have the LSM for scsi-idle-2.1.62. It applied
(manually) to 2.2.5 -- had to look at the source
very carefully, though. The author of "take 2"
is not the same as the one you have. I sent the
diff to the new author, and haven't heard from him....

I have a diff against 2.2.5. Please write if you'd
like it.

There is also a small deamon that manages the
timeout operation -- the patch is essentially a new
IOCTL to allow the daemon to control the disk motor.

Regards,

Paul

LSM follows...

> ------------------------------
>
> From: Osman <osman@Cable.EU.org>
> Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 09:03:17 +0200 (CEST)
> Subject: Re: scsi-idle (fwd)
>
> That's why I had posted this to the list... ;-)
>
> TTYL.
> - --
> Intel: where Quality is job number 0.9998782345!

-------------------------< begin LSM entry >------------------------

Begin3
Title: scsi-idle - Turn off SCSI disks when idle (Take 2)
Version: 1.3.32
Entered-date: 09OCT95
period of inactivity.
scsi-idle can probably be considered to be BETA software now,
it works for me and half dozen other people, but YMMV.
Primary-site: ctrl-c.liu.se /unix/linux/wingel
scsi-idle-1_3_32_tar.gz
Alternate-site: sunsite.unc.edu /pub/Linux/kernel/patches/scsi
scsi-idle-1.3.32.tar.gz
Platforms: Linux
Copying-policy: Freely distributable
End
[paul@ns-1 paul]$ more scsi-idle.lms
scsi-idle.lms: No such file or directory
[paul@ns-1 paul]$ more scsi-idle.lsm