Re: Cache incoherencies

Russell King (rmk@arm.linux.org.uk)
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 23:09:03 +0100 (BST)

Rogier Wolff writes:
> > This may work, but you are suggesting a recursive call to get_free_pages.
> > IMHO, this is not an elegant solution.
>
> Wether or not to recurse is an implementation issue. Computer-theory
> predicts that where you seem to require recursion, you can always do
> without.

Agreed. That is why I'm proposing the vmalloc solution, since most of the
code is already there for us, just waiting to be used. It's cleaner, the
page allocation system is well proven. All it needs are a few tweeks, as
my earlier patch indicated.
_____
| | | | http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/~rmk/aboutme.html / / |
/ | THE developer of ARM Linux |+| /|\