Re: [RFC] New modutils maintainer

Keith Owens (kaos@ocs.com.au)
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 11:51:40 -0700

On Wed, 25 Aug 1999 13:22:34 +0200 (CEST),
Osman <osman@Cable.EU.org> wrote:
>On Wed, 25 Aug 1999, Keith Owens wrote:
>> >If anybody objects to this or wishes to become the modutils maintainer
>> >themselves, please contact <kaos@ocs.com.au> before August 15.
>> >Otherwise I will designate myself as the modutils maintainer and start
>> >publishing patches on August 16.
>Isn't that a bit FAST?
>--- 5 days to respond ---
>Maybe the maintainer is on vacation...
>But well I'm not wishing to become it...

That was the public announcement. I had already privately mailed
*EVERBODY* who had contributed to modutils in the past, including the
current maintainer. I have been trying to contact them since July 19.

>> Directory v2.3 is the current version. 2.3.0 is identical to
>> 2.2.2-pre8, except that the repository has been changed from CVS to
>> PRCS. I will not be using the CVS tree for modutils any more. 2.3.1
>I don't think that is a good idea, because when someone else is gooing to
>take it over from you in time they may not be able to use PRCS.
>What IS PRCS anyway? Some kind of RCS?

Both CVS and PRCS sit over RCS. The PRCS interface is a lot cleaner.
ftp://ftp.XCF.Berkeley.EDU/pub/prcs. Converting from one repository to
another is trivial.