Re: [RFC] New modutils maintainer

Osman (osman@Cable.EU.org)
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 13:22:34 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 25 Aug 1999, Keith Owens wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Aug 1999 18:19:57 +1000,
> Keith Owens <kaos@ocs.com.au> wrote:
> >Modutils development seems to have stopped (see history below). I
> >hereby volunteer to become the modutils maintainer.
> >
> >If anybody objects to this or wishes to become the modutils maintainer
> >themselves, please contact <kaos@ocs.com.au> before August 15.
> >Otherwise I will designate myself as the modutils maintainer and start
> >publishing patches on August 16.
Isn't that a bit FAST?
--- 5 days to respond ---
Maybe the maintainer is on vacation...
But well I'm not wishing to become it...

> Directory v2.3 is the current version. 2.3.0 is identical to
> 2.2.2-pre8, except that the repository has been changed from CVS to
> PRCS. I will not be using the CVS tree for modutils any more. 2.3.1
I don't think that is a good idea, because when someone else is gooing to
take it over from you in time they may not be able to use PRCS.
What IS PRCS anyway? Some kind of RCS?
If you can't handle CVS then by all means don't take over the maintanance.

Just my 2 cents worth of thoughts...
TTYL.

--
            0 and 1. Now what could be so hard about that?