Re: [RFC] New modutils maintainer

Keith Owens (kaos@ocs.com.au)
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 00:45:26 -0700

On Tue, 10 Aug 1999 18:19:57 +1000,
Keith Owens <kaos@ocs.com.au> wrote:
>Modutils development seems to have stopped (see history below). I
>hereby volunteer to become the modutils maintainer.
>
>If anybody objects to this or wishes to become the modutils maintainer
>themselves, please contact <kaos@ocs.com.au> before August 15.
>Otherwise I will designate myself as the modutils maintainer and start
>publishing patches on August 16.

Nobody objected. Bjorn Ekwall asked for my current patches on August
10 but there are still no updates from him, even after 15 days and 2
reminders. So I reluctantly assume that Bjorn is too busy and declare
myself the new modutils maintainer.

The new URL for modutils source is ftp://ftp.ocs.com.au/pub/modutils.

Directory v2.2 exists to maintain the historical record, it contains
Bjorn's versions plus changes that were made to the CVS tree but had not
appeared in Bjorn's patches. 2.2.2-pre8 is equivalent to the modutils
CVS tree as of August 24, 1999.

Directory v2.3 is the current version. 2.3.0 is identical to
2.2.2-pre8, except that the repository has been changed from CVS to
PRCS. I will not be using the CVS tree for modutils any more. 2.3.1
includes my patches for ksymoops support. The major and minor numbers
will track the kernel numbers, the patch level will generally be
independent of the kernel.

If anybody has modutils patches that have not been included, send them
to <kaos@ocs.com.au>. Please include modutils in the Subject line.