Re: Linux on AMD Athlon 800 MHz

Kurt Garloff (garloff@suse.de)
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 10:05:50 +0200

--vtzGhvizbBRQ85DL

On Mon, Aug 23, 1999 at 11:02:09PM -0700, Martin Krzywinski wrote:
>=20
> Does any one know, with certainty, whether Linux supports the AMD Athlon
> architecture, in terms of its motherboard (SlotA 100MHz) and CPU? I badly
> want to buy one of these -40C cooled machines, but if no Linux...no go.

You need to get 2.2.12pre to get the MTRR support for K7. Otherwise turn off
MTRRs. K7 just runs fine then.
Maybe the IDE on your MoBo won't be supported and you have to use PIO
instead of (U)DMA. Go SCSI then ...=20

Regards,
--=20
Kurt Garloff <garloff@suse.de> Wuppertal, FRG
PGP2 key: See mail header, key servers Linux kernel development
SuSE GmbH, N=FCrnberg, FRG SCSI drivers: tmscsim(DC390), DC395

--vtzGhvizbBRQ85DL

--vtzGhvizbBRQ85DL--