Re: VIA chipset hangs [ SOLVED ]

Dubbs (dblounsberry@worldnet.att.net)
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 01:04:05 -0500

--------------533F3D30EB83E0858EC2E417

andre@suse.com wrote:

> I want a copy of lspci's output with both cases.
> This is a key comparision of imperical data against the docs.

Just for grins, I shutdown my system which had been up for 12+ hours
with no lockups and changed the CPU to PCI Write Buffer back on and
rebooted. The first time, I didn't even get all the way into GNOME
before it locked up when GNOME's startup sound played on the sound card.
I reset the system, came back up, did a lscfg from the console, went
back into X and started XMMS and netscape on different virtual desktops
in Enlightenment. Quickly switched desktops back and forth a couple
times, locked up. I then reset the system and turned that darned option
off and did the same thing dozens and dozens of times, still up. Just in
case someone is wondering, I have also tested the system on KDE using
XMMS with the same results.

I attached a lspci-v-hang.txt and lspci-v-nohang.txt. They are the same.
No changes here.

-dbl
--------------533F3D30EB83E0858EC2E417

00:00.0 Class 0600: 1106:0597 (rev 04)
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 16
Memory at e0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable)

00:01.0 Class 0604: 1106:8598
Flags: bus master, 66Mhz, medium devsel, latency 0
Bus: primary=00, secondary=01, subordinate=01, sec-latency=0
I/O behind bridge: 0000d000-0000dfff
Memory behind bridge: fff00000-000fffff
Prefetchable memory behind bridge: fff00000-000fffff

00:07.0 Class 0601: 1106:0586 (rev 47)
Subsystem: 1106:0000
Flags: bus master, stepping, medium devsel, latency 0

00:07.1 Class 0101: 1106:0571 (rev 06) (prog-if 8a)
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32
I/O ports at e000

00:08.0 Class 0100: 9004:7178
I/O ports at e800
Memory at e6800000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)

00:09.0 Class 0300: 5333:8811
Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 11
Memory at e6000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)