Re: PROBLEM: 2.2.11 'Out of memory' on 256MB DELL WS400 in minutes!

David S. Miller (davem@redhat.com)
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 18:42:47 -0700

From: "Chris Jones" <chris@black-sun.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 23:19:42 +0100

How is it that I'm not experiencing any of the problems in 2.2.11?
I don't get problems from tcp memory leaks and the vmware modules
compile perfectly even though they said they don't!

I patched from 2.2.9 to 2.2.11 - is it possible that this didn't
work properly? I didn't get any errors from patch and 'uname -r'
and the very first kernel message all report 2.2.11!

It doesn't hit you if you don't get TIME_WAIT connections which
receive retransmitted FIN's from the other end, which is usually (but
not always) an occurance on machines running servers talking to
clients over lossy links.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@redhat.com