Re: Freezes on bootup with 2.2.11 on a PPRO SMP system

jehill@nexis.org
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 23:38:33 -0700

On Thu, Aug 12, 1999 at 10:08:12PM -0700, jehill wrote:
> I installed 2.2.11 on my dual PPRO yesterday and found that it
> wouldn't boot completely. It seems to get as far as the PCI probe,
> and then it freezes hard (the magic SysReq incantation has no effect).

hmmm... The plot thickens. I added several printks to pci.c and
the problem went away. I remove the printks and the problem comes
back. Great fun, that. Any ideas?

Josh

--
|                  It works better if you plug it in.                  |