Re: via-rhine nic crazyness on PIII Xeon SMP running 2.2.5 - 2.2.11

Craig Whitmore (lennon@igrin.co.nz)
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 16:50:48 +1200

I get ALOT of these with a Dlink 100Mb card (via-rhine driver)

eth0: Something Wicked happened! 2008.
eth0: Something Wicked happened! 2008.
eth0: Something Wicked happened! 2008.
eth0: Something Wicked happened! 0009.
eth0: Something Wicked happened! 0009.
eth0: Something Wicked happened! 0009.

I have a 3COM 100 Meg switch and in windows you have to force the cards to
100MB full duplex and they work otherwise
they give really bad performance. Someone told me its cuase they don't
autonegitiate properly and they retry and
retry etc. Anyone know how to force the cards in Full Duplex/100Mg instead
of auto neg the speed?

Thanks
Craig Whitmore
iGRIN Internet