Re: IKD patch for 2.2.11 [Re: 2.2.11: Complicated memory leak...]

Mike Galbraith (mikeg@weiden.de)
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 17:09:21 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 12 Aug 1999, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

> FYI: I have not fixed yet the kdebugger single step trap-bug by merging
> the latest kernel debugger (I am getting lots of bug report about this).
> I'll do that ASAP (I personally don't use the kernel debugger so it's very
> low priority for me...).

I'm glad you're getting bug reports :) I tore my box completely apart
and put it back together again trying to find what _I_ broke. I took a
crack at fixing it afterward, but nothing came out.. except smoke :-/

WRT kdb: it works great, but there needs to be a better way of linking
in it's symbol table. I'm currently (2.3.13+ikd+kbd) up to 320k of
reserved space in vmlinux.lds.S and ~21000 symbols in System.map. Soon,
I'll hit the magic 1M barrier.

I wonder if it would be possible to read them into a preallocated
array (steal at boot time like memleak does) instead of linking.

Cheers,

-Mike