Re: via-rhine nic crazyness on PIII Xeon SMP running 2.2.5 - 2.2.11

David Rees (dbr@spoke.nols.com)
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 19:44:53 -0700

On Wed, Aug 11, 1999 at 06:15:11PM -0500, Matthew wrote:

> eth0 and eth1 behave properly, but eth2 (the via-rhine) spits out "Something
> Wicked has happened" into the syslog. I turned on verbose mode and captured
> about 20k of data, including three instances of the "Wickedness". I looked
> through docs and the source (via-rhine.c) and couldn't find any mention of
> failure due to multiple nics or SMP.

It seems to be related to SMP, I get the same messages with the via-rhine
card and my SMP system. Works great in my SingleCPU machine, with it and
a PCI NE2K card.

-Dave