[sendmsg error 101]

John A. Selmys (John.Selmys@senecac.on.ca)
Mon, 09 Aug 1999 22:34:49 -0400

--------------EC50B0425B1CCB21E56FC671

Sender: selmys
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 1999 22:31:16 -0400
From: "John A. Selmys" <John.Selmys@senecac.on.ca>
To: linux-kernel@vgr.rutgers.edu
CC: John.Selmys@SenecaC.On.Ca
Subject: sendmsg error 101

Hello,

I'm trying to set up diskless PCs to boot Linux. I tried using SuSE
6.1 (2.2.5 kernel) as the boot image but when the client PC attempts to
mount the NFS directories I get the error message "sendmsg error 101".
The message is repeated about 15 times after which the remote directory
is mounted and everything works fine. I looked through the kernel
archives and I found some discussion of this error message in another
context and concerning kernel 2.2.2. This was back in March 99 I
believe. Anyway there did not appear to be a resolution to the problem.
I have tried using 2.2.10 kernel but I get the same error message. Only
when I switched to kernel 2.0.37 does the message not appear and the
diskless PC boots quickly. Can anyone shed some light on this?

John Selmys
Seneca College
Toronto
John.Selmys@SenecaC.On.Ca

ps: I am not a member of this list so I would appreciate any

Thanks.