Re: fs corruption 2.2.11-pre4

Robert M. Hyatt (hyatt@cis.uab.edu)
Mon, 9 Aug 1999 23:45:07 -0500 (CDT)

I don't know about recent drivers, but that AIC7XXX driver gave me
fits last year. It would corrupt files like mad. I replaced it with
a buslogic and never had another problem. My quad xeon has symbios
scsi (3 controllers) and has _never_ had a corrupted file system in
any shape... I have been on 2.2.10 since it came out... but I went
thru all the 2.2's as they were released with no file problems...

The adaptec driver still might be broken... and I'm not about to drop
in one of our old 2940's to find out, either. :)

Robert Hyatt Computer and Information Sciences
hyatt@cis.uab.edu University of Alabama at Birmingham
(205) 934-2213 115A Campbell Hall, UAB Station
(205) 934-5473 FAX Birmingham, AL 35294-1170