Re: partition block cleanup

Ralf Baechle (ralf@uni-koblenz.de)
Mon, 9 Aug 1999 11:52:43 +0200

On Sun, Aug 08, 1999 at 06:02:51PM +0200, Jes Sorensen wrote:

> I really can't see the problem with this, it sounds like a special
> case Acorn problem and in that case it is simple to disallow people to
> enable other partition table types on those machines.

The same problem arrises with Mips Disk Volume headers as used by MIPS,
SGI, SNI and a few other companies. The DVH is located on block zero
and for disks without a PC style boot block you may end up with a disk
which has two valid partition tables but no way to distinguish which one
is actually valid.

Ralf