Re: Kernel Panic: scsi_free:Trying to free unused memory

Marcus Thiessel (thiessel@gmx.net)
08 Aug 1999 19:25:33 +0200

sfrost@mail.snowman.net (Stephen Frost) writes:

> Getting this error:
>
> Kernel Panic: scsi_free:Trying to free unused memory
> In interrupt handler - not syncing
>
> Again, as I said it could be the machine somehow, but it's consistant so
> I figured I'd report it, just curious if anyone else has seen anything like this or
> what might be causing this.

I am getting similar error but "In swapper task - not syncing"!
Basically this is reproducable and always happens when I write to tape
(AH 1542C).

Detected scsi disk sdc at scsi0, channel 0, id 2, lun 0
Vendor: HP Model: C1533A Rev: AN04
Type: Sequential-Access ANSI SCSI revision: 02

Since I am using the standard RH 6.0 kernel and 486 board makes mee
think might be kernel related.

--Marcus