Re: [expert] Block device not recognised (fwd)

Jens Axboe (axboe@image.dk)
Sun, 8 Aug 1999 01:25:56 +0200

On Sat, Aug 07 1999, Bernhard Rosenkraenzer wrote:
> 2.2.10 seems to be a bit too strict about recognizing CD-ROMS?????
> So far, I've only seen one report on this; can't reproduce it anywhere.
> Maybe someone else?

I'll assume that it is the ide probing logic that fails to
find the drive? It sounds that way. I have seen this before with
a drive or two, which worked fine in 2.0. As an intermediate
solution add hdc=noprobe hdc=cdrom to lilo.conf as boot
argument.

--
*  Jens Axboe <axboe@image.dk>
*  Linux CD-ROM Maintainer