Re: Newbie question - Patching

Arvind Sankar (arvinds@mit.edu)
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 14:02:27 -0400

On Thu, Jul 15, 1999 at 12:53:30PM -0400, Ron Brinker wrote:
> I don't know how to answer these questions/what to do. I am running
> stock Redhat 6.0 with both the Kernel-Source-2.2.5-15 and
> Kernel-Headers-2.2.5-15 RPMs installed. Should I just download the
> entire 2.2.10 source tree instead of patching, and if so where do I get
> the updated kernel-headers?

this is indeed the problem. The patches from kernel.org are meant for the
stock linux kernel. redhat's distributed source already contains lots of
patches. Your best bet is to download linux-2.2.10.tar.gz from kernel.org.
Remember to move redhat's kernel tree out of the way before extracting it.
It will come out as linux/*.

-- arvind