Re: [patch] syncppp.c and skb->priority

Gergely Madarasz (gorgo@sztaki.hu)
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 15:51:09 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 14 Jul 1999, Jan Kasprzak wrote:

> Gergely Madarasz wrote:
> :
> : > BTW, I have found another problem with syncppp.c. In Sync PPP mode
> : > it does not work when I manually ifconfig one of the ends down and then up.
> : > It seems the LCP does not end. It helps to unplug the line physically
> : > for MAXALIVECNT keepalive packets - both ends then will agree the line
> : > is down and restart the LCP from the beginning.
> :
> : Hmm... sorry, can't help you with this one. It should be related with your
> : board not reporting modem line status though. The driver should be
> : notified of modem line status changes and call at least sppp_reopen() when
> : the line changes to up. In my drivers I even call sppp_close() when the
> : line goes down and sppp_open() when it comes back.
> :
> I don't agree - the line can be for example noisy enough for making
> one of the ends loosing MAXALIVECNT keepalive packets and re-starting LCP,
> while the other end thinks it is already up. My opinion is, that syncppp.c
> should be able to recover from this situation cleanly.

Hmm...

case LCP_STATE_OPENED:
#if 0
/* Remote magic changed -- close session. */
sp->lcp.state = LCP_STATE_CLOSED;
sp->ipcp.state = IPCP_STATE_CLOSED;
/* Initiate renegotiation. */
sppp_lcp_open (sp);
/* An ACK has already been sent. */
sp->lcp.state = LCP_STATE_ACK_SENT;
#endif
break;

Any idea why this is #if 0 ? This should do exactly what you need.

Greg