Re: 2.3.10 compile problem

Bernd Paysan (bernd.paysan@gmx.de)
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 14:07:28 +0000

Khimenko Victor wrote:
> Huh. It was said 100 times already: FAT is broken in 2.3.7 and NOT fixed in
> 2.3.x yet. How you was able to miss ALL such letters ?

It would be a good idea to remove the prototype of update_vm_cache in
the header file - this function ceased to exist, why is there still a
prototype for it (sorry, no instant patch yet, my 2.3.x kernels are at
home)? Filesystems that currently don't work would issue proper warnings
at compile time.

Better idea: write

FIXME: this filesystem does't work yet!!!

in a non-comment section into each filesystem that doesn't work yet.

--
Bernd Paysan