Re: [patch] 2.2.10 buffer patch

Alex Buell (alex.buell@tahallah.demon.co.uk)
Sat, 10 Jul 1999 09:07:55 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 9 Jul 1999, David Ford wrote:

> i've had the very bad feeling that update has been dying. recently
> it's been so bad that i'm considering a crontab script to check every
> 30 minutes if it is running and relaunch it if needed. at first i
> thought i had accidently killed the wrong pid in the past, but it's
> happened nearly a dozen times now.

This is in 2.2.10, right? update is still with us on my machine - has been
alive for the last 6 days. It must be a problem somewhere in parts of the
kernel that I don't use.

Filesystems in use on my machine is msdos, vfat, ext2fs, iso9660 (joilet
and rockridge) and procfs.

What do you have that I don't?

Cheers,
Alex

--

I hate people who gets offended too easily!

http://www.tahallah.demon.co.uk